The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the EU Data Protection Regulation that comes into force during 2018. In the context of this, Norway has submitted a proposal for a new Personal Data Act in accordance with the EU Regulation, which will come into force at the same time as the GDPR. We think this is a positive measure in today’s digital everyday life for all our guests. We are now working across marketing, sales, booking and administration to ensure we have solutions in place so that we follow the law’s strict rules for the protection of personal data.
It is important to us that you feel safe with how we process your personal data:
- We only collect personal data through email, telephone or other systems that are relevant and necessary to provide our services to you as a customer.
- We reserve the right to send relevant information to you by email. This may be confirmation of your booking or newsletter if you have given us permission to do so. You can unsubscribe from our newsletter in the newsletter itself directly.
- We do not store credit card numbers and other sensitive payment data.
- We never sell your personal data to other companies.
The information below describes how we process your personal data and what rights you have with respect to this processing.
Who controls your personal data?
Mosjøen og Omegn Næringsselskap KF control the personal data you provide to us and are responsible for your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Where do we store your information?
The information we collect about you is stored within the European Economic Area (“EEA”), but may also be transferred to and processed in a country outside the EEA. All such transfers of personal data are carried out in accordance with applicable law.
Who has access to your information?
Your information may be used by Mosjøen og Omegn Næringsselskap KF. We never disclose/sell/exchange your information to third parties for marketing purposes outside the company. Information registered with partners, systems or subcontractors will only be used to provide you with our services.
What is the legal background for the processing of personal data?
For each specific processing of personal data we collect from you, we will inform you whether the collection is statutory or required to enter into a contract, and whether you are obliged to disclose your personal data and what consequences it may have if you choose not to do so.
Collecting data for use in our marketing
Don’t you want to be tracked? Use the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
You can adjust your ad settings if you want to control and manage what kind of ads you see on Facebook.
What rights do you have?
Right to access:
You have the right at any time to request information about the personal data we hold about you.
When we process your personal data automatically, on the basis of your consent or based on an agreement, you have the right to transfer a copy of the data in a structured, ordinary and machine-readable condition to you or to another party. This applies only to the personal data you have provided to us.
Right to correction:
You have the right to request correction of your personal data if it is not correct, and this includes the right to supplement incomplete personal data.
Right to delete:
You have the right to delete any personal data processed by us at any time, except in the following situations:
- you have unsettled debt with us, regardless of payment method
- you are suspected of or have abused our services over the past four years
- your debt has been sold to a third party within the last three years, or over the past year for deceased customers
- if you have made a purchase, we will retain your personal data in connection with the transaction in order to comply with the bookkeeping rules
Right to object to the processing of personal data on the basis of legitimate interests:
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data when this is based on the legitimate interests of Mosjøen og Omegn Næringsselskap KF. The Company will not continue to process your personal data unless we can demonstrate a legitimate reason for the processing that takes a precedent over your interests and rights on the basis of our statutory rights.
Your right to object to direct marketing:
You have the right to object to direct marketing, including profile analysis conducted for direct marketing purposes. You can unsubscribe from our newsletters at any time by following the instructions always given in emails we send out.
Right to restriction:
You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data in the following cases:
- if you object to the processing on the basis of our legitimate interests, Mosjøen og Omegn Næringsselskap KF shall restrict all processing of such information pending confirmation of the legitimate interest
- if you claim that your personal data is not correct, we shall restrict all processing of such information pending confirmation of the accuracy of the personal data
- if the processing is unlawful, you may object to the deletion of the personal data and instead request that the use of the personal data be restricted
- if we no longer need the personal data, but must retain it in order to defend statutory rights
How can you exercise your rights?
We process your requests in accordance with the above rights. Contact.
If you believe that we have processed your personal data in a way that is not correct, please contact us. You also have the right to complain to a supervisory authority.
We may need to update this document. The latest version is always available on our website. We will disclose important changes to our policies, such as the purpose of using your personal data, who the controller is or regarding your rights.